Lead UX Designer
|Area||New Jersey, North America|
|Skill||Project & Product management - Product Design/UX|
Role: Product Designer
Salary: Up to $100K
Location: Beautiful waterfront, Jersey City
Our client is one of the largest media groups in the US, with a mission to make a difference in
their communities by empowering their audiences with quality news and information.
The Product Designer will contribute to design strategy, execution and the branded look of
the clients' websites, apps and distributed platforms. The role is unique, combining design
vision with the evidence-based methodology of product development, customer experience
and user experience design.
- Create product design solutions that contribute to a delightful, welcoming, low-stress environment for our audience.
- Help develop a simple, effective atomic design system.
- Aggressively seek evidence to inform design decisions, resulting in high usability and performance.
- Identify methods to validate success of qualitative design solutions.
- Work seamlessly and enthusiastically with in-house product, content, revenue and visual design teams to bring projects from concept through implementation.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates required skills.
- Degree or certification in product design, visual design, graphic design or related field.
- Collaborative spirit. The ability to find and celebrate the best in yourself and teammates. The designer will work closely with colleagues from a variety of disciplines, including product development, UX/CX research and design, revenue, content, analytics, etc.
- Ability to work effectively on a team that embraces agile principals and lean design process.
- Flexibility, adaptability.
- Evidence-driven approach.
- Expertise in basic design elements (form, space, color, typography) and principles (scale, emphasis, hierarchy, pattern, rhythm, harmony, unity, time, movement).
- Fluency in responsive design strategy with strong mobile emphasis.
- Solid HTML and CSS presentational design skills.
- Understanding of design for legibility and accessibility.
- Fluency with standard design software and platforms (Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, etc.). More importantly - the ability to continually investigate, learn and adapt to new tools.
- Forms design solutions that support outstanding site performance.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.