Lead Front-End Engineer - Spotify Owned Start-Up
|Area||New York, North America|
|Salary||$150000 - $200000 per year|
Lead Front-End Engineer
This is reshaping the podcasting ecosystem. With their app, listeners can get podcast recommendations based on their personal listening habits, helping them to discover interesting, novel shows. In the future, this app will support detailed analytics for podcast authors, as well as targeted programmatic advertising. Authors of low- to mid-scale shows will be better equipped to grow their audiences, as advertisers target previously unreachable listeners.
They are looking for a talented, enthusiastic full-stack engineer who shares our passion for podcasting and is driven to move mountains with their code. As a critical member of a small-but-growing team, you must be self-sufficient and comfortable working in a seed-stage startup.
Here is what you can expect out of the role:
- End-to-end ownership of your work, from development to deployment
- Thoughtful feature design, focusing on intuitive UIs, responsiveness, and overall cohesion with the rest of the product
- Prioritize upcoming features & updates by observing user feedback and identifying areas for improvement
- Wearing many hats - every engineer at is equal parts developer, product manager, and QA specialist
- Participating in our weekly team pitch practice, discussions regarding marketing & business development, and organizing & attending local podcasting events
What they're looking for:
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining production-scale web applications written in React
- Familiar with at least 1 server-side language (Python, Node.js, or Scala) and 1 database technology (PostgreSQL or MongoDB)
- Exceptional design skills
- Interest in product management, UX a plus
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.